We’re saying goodbye to Spain and counting down to our next country of the month. Here are some clues:
- One of the biggest cities in this country was named after a famous scientist.
- Before gaining its current name, this country was named “New Holland.”
- A particularly wild and “devilish” Looney Tunes character was based on an animal native to this country and named after one of its regions.
- This country has over three times more sheep than people.
- This country is famous for strange animals, two of which are featured on its coat of arms.
- The world’s largest living structure is located here.
- An estimated 22% of people born in this country had an ancestor who was a convict.
- This is the world’s only country-continent.
- It is the world’s 6th largest country, has the 3rd largest ocean territory, and has more beaches than any other nation in the world.
- The first surfing world championship was held here.
Can you guess what country it is? Leave your guesses in the comments!